Thursday, December 4, 2008

News and Views

Well, I really ought to be sleeping, but I needed to tell everyone my great news. Golden Visions has picked up my flash story . . . can't remember the name now -- oh, I thinkChristine de PizanImage via Wikipedia it is the Goodbye. Publication to be in Feb with a bit of a token ($5) payment. Yay, me!

I did lose the writing contest, but just by a hair. I submitted three poems (two sonnets and a rondel) to Coyote Wild. Love those meter and rhyme poems. Why do free verse when you can mash around some words to make a story.

In other news, I wrote a short story of about 3000 words, but it has a plot problem so I'm letting it rest. If any like crits, I'm open to trading.

I also saw that Harlequin Historical is looking for 10,000-15,000 electronic submitted stories for their website. They need to be "hot" so that's what I'm going to be working on for the next few days. Already got a plot, like the hero, not so much the heroine. Hm, she'll need work.

I've always been sick lately, but it's a long story full of doctors, prescriptions, and probably a gigantic dose misunderstanding.

Well, that's all I have now. Maybe I'll post a rant or two when I wake up.

These are for me to check out later. ;)

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Whoo Hoo! Go Lynda, Go Lynda (dances up and down). That's fantastic! Congrats. Email me your story when you have time and I'll go through it, I'd love to read it. How do you like your crits? Soft, medium or hard? :) I'll post about winning the contest tomorrow, but I think we are both winners. :) Oh, and I'm sorry to hear you're not well. You should be so proud that you've managed to write, submit, get published and blog while holding down a job and feeling poorly. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll email you the story tonight maybe. I KNOW there is a problem, but I don't know how to fix it. It was stream of consciousness, you know?

    Anyway, I like 'em medium, lol. Praise is good for my morale and criticism is good for my writing. A mixture of both suits me very well.

    BTW, I am feeling better. Talked to three doctors today and one of them solved the problem. Again, long story, but thanks for being concerned. :)

    ReplyDelete