Saturday, December 6, 2008

Quotes that Inspire -- Dostoevsky

Fyodor Dostoevsky Quotes:

"We sometimes encounter people, even perfect strangers, who begin to interest us at first sight, somehow suddenly, all at once, before a word has been spoken.
Fyodor Dostoevsky"

--- This is a romance novel waiting to happen. Hopefully, I good one. :)

“One can know a man from his laugh, and if you like a man's laugh before you know anything of him, you may confidently say that he is a good man.”

----I like this. Maybe it is because I laugh a lot.

"What is hell? I maintain that it is the suffering of being unable to love. "

----Depression exemplifies this -- unfortunately.

Nothing is easier than to denounce the evildoer; nothing is more difficult than to understand him.
More story grist for the mill.

"I like them to talk nonsense. That's man's one privilege over all creation. Through error you come to the truth! I am a man because I err! You never reach any truth without making fourteen mistakes and very likely a hundred and fourteen."

And to this I come because I find it inspiring. You need to make mistakes manytimes to get to truth. I read in a writing book that if you do ten stories or ten titles or ten anything off the top of your head, the chances are that only one of them will be any good. Sort of freeing for me because I just call the other nine crap and wait for the tenth.

So, keep going, keep writing. Easy to say and so, so hard to do.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring quotes. The one about hell is very accurate to depression all right.

    ReplyDelete